Avatiu harbour, Rarotonga, Cook Islands. 1981.
The m.v. Mataora (279 gross tons) pictured here was built as the Fiducia II in 1957. Sold to a Tongan company in 1970, she traded among the Pacific Islands for the next twenty years under her new name. She had reached the end of her economic life by 1990 and was sold again to Dive Rarotonga – for $1 – and scuttled in 20 metres of water to become an artificial reef and dive attraction.